• Email:
  • Password:
  • Remember Me

Print   Subscribe    Share
CDE,LD,MS,RD
Recognized programs using Centricity EMR for tracking ADA outcomes?
Section:  General Diabetes

Hello all,
I am in an outpatient clinic that is currently recognized by American Diabetes Association for educational services.  We are using Centricity EMR for our charting.  We are also still using Harbor to track outcomes and tracking some by hand.  I am looking for anyone who is successfully (or semi-successfully) tracking outcomes via EMR.  Specifically, do you have a form you use in EMR that will allow you to pull reports for ADA recognition status reports?  Like tracking goals, tracking pre- and post-education assessments of knowledge and behavior, etc.  We are in the process of developing a workable form but if someone already has one created we would rather not re-create the wheel.  We are struggling to determine exactly what type of form in what type of format will work best for us.  One that will adequately capture the data we need and then be able to retrieve when we need it.  Please let me know where you are with using EMR and if you have any input for me.
Thanks.
MH

MEMBER COMMENTS
Re: Recognized programs using Centricity EMR for tracking ADA outcomes?

I have no help to offer but will follow your comment closely.  This is a new concern in the light of EMR.  Chris

Hi Chris!
Maybe we will both learn something!  I have posted this question on every online community I am a part of.  I have had a few responses so far saying they are interested in the replies but no one has come forward with anything meaningful yet.  I'll let you know if they do.
MH

I have had one educator from North Carolina who repsonded saying that her IT department made a form that could track ADA outcomes using EMR.  She used it once and now her company is switching EMR systems.  I am going to call her this week and try to get a hold of the form.  I will keep you informed. 

Micki,   Did you get an email from Dr. David Kendall, with ADA telling us that ADA was working on an electronic version called Chronicle with the University of Pittsburgh (liscensing issues) to be offered to ERP Programs for little or no cost.  It would be a diabetes management database.  It would have the added benefit of interfacing with American Diabetes Associations new application system, eliminating the need to manually enter data with future applications.  Got this email 12/17/2009, not heard anything since.  Would like to get on the ERP community to hear if there has been any progress, how soon ready.  So much to do... Chris

No I haven't heard anything about that.  It sounds promising.  I would like to hear more.  It sounds like you would have to purchase this program that would then link the ADA software to the EMR.  Is that what your understanding is?  We would then need to record the data in the ADA system and since we are already putting it into EMR it would be a duplication.  If I am understanding that right. 
I called the contact from NC but she is out of the office until the 14th.  So I will await her return.  I'll let you know what I find out.
MH

The initial indication was for low cost.  If it would be a stand alone web based program that could be linked it would finally be the tool we need.  Chris